PAFRICAN-CENTERED SCHOOL OPENING IN AUG 2017 BROWARD COUNTY, FLORIDA
NOW HIRING QUALIFIED TEACHERS
The New Alkebu-Lan School of South Florida and its summer program "Journey to Success" is seeking teachers who fit our mission and model. NAASFL uses a unique project-based learning model where students learn advanced academics through hands-on projects that enable them to connect with information delivered from an African-centered perspective.
- Math K-8 (basic math to Geometry)
- Science K-8 and Physics
- History (U.S., World, African, and African-American History)
- General Knowledge (English, writing, and elective courses designed to correspond with projects)
- Understanding of and commitment to an Afrocentric worldview.
- Thorough knowledge of the subject matter obtained through a college/university program or self-study
- Teaching certification a plus but not required
- Successful teaching experience (public/charter school, private, or homeschool).
- Organized self-starter
- Knowledge of learning theory, motivation, behavior management, reinforcement, evaluation and feedback techniques.
- Effective instructional delivery techniques and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to teach mixed age groups with students K-8.
- Ability to go beyond traditional chalk-and-talk and facilitate hands on projects.
- Ability to work and plan effectively and harmoniously with a group.
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check and personal references.
- Genuine love for children